Sunday 11 March 2012

Sculpturama!


That is, sculpture and drama. The former was brought to us courtesy of the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, the latter courtesy of my children. I'm always interested in the nature of editing - either in a blog or in 'real life'. How much do we reveal to each other about our lives? It's so easy to for me to look at blogs that have chosen to conciously record the beautiful moments and feel uneasy about the less beautiful moments of my own life.


I'm often inclined towards a rather brutal form of honesty - perhaps sharing too many of my daily challenges with my other mothering friends. It feels like survival, get it all out into the open to prevent it from growing into something dark and ugly in a wee dusty corner of my psyche. But it occurs to me that there are those who choose to be more selective.


I'm still not sure which is healthier; bare your soul or present the edited highlights...these pictures tell a jolly story of frolicking in the sunshine, engaging with art in the outdoors...


And there was plenty of that...



But, there were also plenty of tears, frustration and anxiety. I believe that's the reality of life with children, at least for me.

By the way, I'd like to thank that lovely lady in the photographs, without whom there would have been much more of the above mentioned frustration and anxiety. Thanks Kath... 

No comments: